Sunday, June 11, 2006

Bienvenidos!


It all started in August of 2004, when I received a unique cake from my boyfriend Adam for my 21st birthday. It had white icing with a blue trim and was cut out in the shape of an bottle. It was labeled "Absolut Rebecca, 21 proof." Simple and creative.

I have not looked at a cake the same way since. I no longer bake cakes just that say "Congratulations" or "Happy Birthday." Each cake is uniquely designed for a specific recipient. While the themes differ from cake to cake, the cakes' designs usually capture an element of the recipient's personality, a silly trait, an obsession, or a specific characteristic that one would only associate with the recipient.

The following blog is a display of the silly cakes I have made for family, friends, and colleagues. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed creating them.

No comments: